Lowery Park zoo (Pic Heavy)

rpk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few from the local zoo here in Tampa. Let me know what you think.

IMG_4843_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4851_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4855_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4870_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4889_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4894_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4916_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4934_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4941_edited-1.jpg

They all seem a little soft.

You have some specs in 7.

rpk,
Some awesome shots there. I particularly like 1, 5 and 6. I have been here sincee 1998 and still haven't made it Lowery Park Zoo. I may have to get there on my next day off. Your work has inspired me to make the 45 minute trip :) Great job and thanks for sharing!

They all seem a little soft.

You have some specs in 7.

They didn't look that soft on my comp? Will take another look. The specs were in the air, I thought it was my lens but it was from the tiger climbing the tree.

rpk,
Some awesome shots there. I particularly like 1, 5 and 6. I have been here sincee 1998 and still haven't made it Lowery Park Zoo. I may have to get there on my next day off. Your work has inspired me to make the 45 minute trip :) Great job and thanks for sharing!

Thanks, they are so much fun to photograph and watch. If your down this way also check out Bush Gardens.

Ross

I agree. All are a little soft, but I think I got jipped as far as local zoos are concerned. All of the major zoos are pretty boring compared to ALL of yours and others' photos from your local zoos. I only really like one. But nice series. Would have been better if all were in focus.

Mark

Cute lil critter, and you caught some playful moments! I agree they are all a bit soft. Have you tried sharpening them in post?

A quick edit to give you a couple things to consider.

I cropped it, sharpened it, blurred the background a bit, killed the bluish shadow cast on the animals left side, saturated the nose a bit and moved the levels up a tad in Capture NX... total work time 4 minutes.

Can you see what I was thinking?

k1.jpg

A quick edit to give you a couple things to consider.

I cropped it, sharpened it, blurred the background a bit, killed the bluish shadow cast on the animals left side, saturated the nose a bit and moved the levels up a tad in Capture NX... total work time 4 minutes.

Can you see what I was thinking?

k1.jpg

Looks great, thanks. I have photo shop elements 6 and am just learning how to do things with it. I still have a HUGE amount to learn, I'm probably using 2% of the whole program?

Thanks,
Ross

I wanted to thank everyone for there comments. I'm brand new to this and it's a bit of a learning curve but your comments help me to learn.
I have to agree with them being soft, this seems to happen a lot? Any advise on this or PS editing would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Ross

Thanks, they are so much fun to photograph and watch. If your down this way also check out Bush Gardens.

Ross

Ross,
I am usually down this way as I live in the Clearwater area. I have been to BG often as their bald eagle is one of my favorite subjects. :)

Im not sure if they look soft, however is this camera movement / shake ? the first 4 or 5 seem slightly 'off' not quite sure what it is, The rest some are however great, well done.

Most reactions

Back