LowPro or what?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by nikon90s, Apr 4, 2005.

1. nikon90s

nikon90s TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Has anyone used the Super Trekker AW II?
    I have what you see below and want to take it all with me.

Is there any other backpacks that I should look at? I would like to stay with lowpro because I can get a deal on them.

2. LizM

LizM TPF Noob!

I have the Micro-Trekker 100 and it is great for 1 SLR body w/lens + 2 extra lens. I also have an extra battery and several compactflash cards in it.

3. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a micro trekker. It fits my 10D with a lens, 2 extra lenses, my A2, flash cards, extra batteries and some other assorted gear. I actually gave away my super trekker backpack because it was too large. I believe the Nature trekker is somewhere in the middle. They have a nice tripod strapping system. Just watch that the head of your tripod doesn't knock you on the head as you walk around. :lol:

If you plan on doing a lot of hiking and want easy access to your gear, you might want to steer clear of the backpack style bags and go with a sling bag (Tamrac Velocity 9?) or a waist bag (Tenba?). The backpacks fit a ton of gear but when you want to get to your stuff you will find yourself having to take it off, lay the pack out and unzip the whole enchilada to get anything out. Then rezip it up and put it back on. Kind of a PITA when you are on the go.

4. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

I use a Lowepro bag - not a rucksack, a satchel type bag. It's called a Reporter or something (I'm not with it now). It's great as Photogoddess says as I can get my camera out 10s+ quicker than friends with rucksacks. It's not suitable for long walking journeys with heavy weight kit, but it is good for sightseeing, cities, pubs etc. where response time is a factor.

R

5. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Oh, and I put the Lowepro bag in a padded HP rucksack for longer journeys - it works a treat as you can carry a rucksack for the walking, but then get the satchel bag out when you're shooting.

6. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I do pretty much the same thing. I bring the backpack but also bring my Tamrac Velocity 7 bag. For quick draw with 1 body and a couple of lenses, it can't be beat. :thumbsup:

7. Scurra

Scurra TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have an Orion Trekker because I usually take my camera to Uni along with books so it makes for a great crossover bag. I can still fit my 20D, 3 lenses, and a load of accessories in it with room for all my uni stuff as well.