LR 5 - "bundled version" - may buy

LifeORiley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a "bundled version" of LR 5. Read -> inexpensive.

Bad idea?

How's the software? I'm currently using DXO but would like the "handshake" user friendliness of LR. Seems everything (including my Canon printer) is geared towards the LR software interface.

How much should I pay?

I'm just a shutterbug and not a pro.

thanks

I think for what you get Lightroom is an excellent purchase. Not sure how much it costs where you live but its about 100 euro here or 120 ish dollars state side.

If you update your camera and lightroom releases a new version it may not support your new raw file but adobe regularly updates its free dng converter so you can use that as a work around

The only 'bundle' I find is Adobe Creative Cloud, Lightroom plus Photoshop. It is $9.99 per month unless one qualifies for a student or teacher discount. Considering that Adobe sells the stand alone version of Lightroom for $149.00, that seems to be a great deal.
I did look on the big auction site, Lightroom can be purchased for about 1/2 Adobe's price. I only priced 'Full" versions, I never buy "Upgrades".

Phil

I believe the OP means LR bundled with the Canon printer.

Adobe Photoshop and LR upgrades are full versions.
The first 3 or 4 versions of LR were $299 retail.

...Adobe Photoshop and LR upgrades are full versions.
Yes, but "Upgrades" rely on the user having a preinstalled version (or at least a serial #) otherwise the upgrade disc is about as useful as a broken rock.

Thanks everybody.

I should have been more clear... "Bundled" LR 5 comes up for sale on CL from time to time for about 75.00. A stand alone LR 5 that was sold only as part of a Christmas package - if you bought a few lenses you got a "free" or "bundled" copy of LR 5. Some guys already have LR but bought the bundle.

Sounds like LR 5 is a fine product...thanks again.

...Adobe Photoshop and LR upgrades are full versions.
Yes, but "Upgrades" rely on the user having a preinstalled version (or at least a serial #) otherwise the upgrade disc is about as useful as a broken rock.
Actually, no.
Adobe upgrade is about the price you pay. What is in the download or on the disc is the entire program.

Most reactions

Back