Lucy and Winston

Nagala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
From the looks of it, dogs are the in thing of the forum. Who wants to be left out? Not me. I just got an f/2 and took all these today. Winston is a 4-year-old dark silver Weimeraner whose fur is nearly impossible to meter. Lucy, the new addition to the family, is a 14-week-old light tan Weimeraner with tough act to follow as far as modeling goes. So, here's Lucy and Winston, a Saturday special ;)

kiss.jpg

Tilt.jpg

tongue.jpg

lay.jpg

love.jpg

nice dogs, but the second image looks a bit weird...cant put my finger on it.

Oh, I like the portrait of Lucy, licking her lips, with one eye halfway closed - she sooo looks like she's "Peter Lorre contemplating a crime" or so... ;)

And I like the two interaction photos - and the first more than the second. I'm not too fond of the bright background in the last of the series (which is the second of the two interaction photos). Though - on second thought - the gesture is nicer in the second.

But I still dig the Lucy portrait and her expression! :)

great shots! I love your dogs :) I'm a dog person

I get a charge off the third one :lol: That must be lucy, sticking out her tonge and winking, reminds me of a gal I know....but she ain't no dog :wink:

:shock: they look great!
what lense did u use? :shock:

i really like all of them! - the dog at#4 has incredible eyes!

great shots!

I want to know how you got your dog to pose like that in shot #2!

Anua: For all of them, I used a 100mm, f/2 fixed. Just got it in the mail and is the largest aperture in my bag. Something I learned though -- at f/2 and a couple feet, focusing on the nose isn't good enough. Not deep enough.

BrettG: I've been teaching Winston to pose since he was born. First was "sit." Everything after that has been modifying that. You can pretty much move him around as needed if he's calm enough (most the time he isn't).

These are great! #3 is my fav, but they all really capture their essence. I love Weimeraners, they are just stunning dogs.

Those are awesome pictures of your dogs! I love the last one. Kind of comical too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back