Lumi's in Canuckia !!

OK Mentos...you are officially invited over to Canada to see what it's really like.

Lol @ Mentos , AIRIC and Duckster :lol:

Mentos , Canada is awesome darl .... at the moment we've been having beautiful sunny days and its been quite warm :sillysmi:

I'm just about to fly out the door as I start one of my new jobs today ( at the chiropractic clinic ). The clinic caters to the 'rich and top athletes' of the city and is very 'oo lala professional' ; quite the contrast to my little glazier office back home in Aus .... I'm hoping I can measure up to my resume :lol:

Yep ... I'm feelin kinda nervous and like a fish outta water right now :confused:

Wish me luck .....

Good luck and you'll do great!

hah thanks... maybe somewhen I'll visit Canada :) but you know what I noticed? You all Ausies, Americans quite easily move from your home. Here youngsters and young people have difficulities to leave home for univeristy at the age of 19, and many of them still live with parents at the age of 28. And it is normal here. dunno maybe it's a cultural gap or something else :)

I think it's to do with your countries culture and economic climate.
Some countries have a history of close families staying together. Sometimes families have to stay together because there isn't much work around or pay is low and people can't afford to move out etc.

Thanks Al ! :hugs:

Today went well ...they havent uncovered that I really have no IDEA what I'm doin yet * shhhhhh chuckle * 8)

And Ferny is on the right track Mentos, regarding culture and economic situation. Speaking for Australian people , we tend to fly the coup and form our independence from family at an early age. Whilst we value family, as do European families, we generally establish a ' make our own way ' attitude at an earlier age....
European families seem to be, in my personal experience, more family orientated. The children, brothers,sisters,aunts etc are all helped up the steps , so to speak , as far as making a comfortable life for themselves financially and in other ways also. For example, my ex fiance is Macedonian and when his family moved to Australia they moved in with family already established here and were lent money by his uncle to buy their first house etc.
Not to say that Western families dont help each other out but it seems European families stay closer to each other and live in the parental home longer then Western families.

Glad the job's going good Lumi. If they catch on, just pretend you hit your head and have temporary amnesia.

I flew the coup at 20 and was married at 21. Less said about that one the better. LMAO.

Most reactions

Back