• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rutek1989

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm new to the forum, so let me start by saying "Hi".

Hi.

Now, I have a question that I've been straggling with for the past few days. I'm looking to buy a new camera, and I'm torn between Lumix DMC-G6 and Lumix DMC-GF6. I would appreciate if you could give me your thoughts on the topic. My circumstances, including what (I think) I want to get out of the camera are detailed below.

1. It will be my first ca mera that is not a simple poin-and-shoot. It also means that I am not looking to spend much on it - may upgrade at some point if I get hooked into photography.

2. I am looking for something that will (a) enable me to take good/impressive pictures when traveling, but also something I can play around a bit e.g. when going for a long walk in the city/park. I love to take pictures of wildlife (but they do not need to be amazin, as long as you can clearly tell what it is and they look good).

3. What I found annoying in my point-and-shoot cameras was the level of noise and especially the bad quality in low light (in particular when taking night pictures, but even in badly lit rooms).

4. Currently G6 costs around GBP300, while GF6 around GBP220 (both with 14-40 lenses). If I were to save by going with GF6, I would be able to invest in new lenses sooner.
I guess what I would liek to know is, wheter in your opinion, and given my circumstances, G6 is worth the extra GBP80, or should I go with GF7 instead? In particular, will there be any noticable difference in image quality between the two?

Feel free to let me know if you think that there are better alternatives then either of the two.

Many thanks

Bartek

Most reactions

Back