Lunar eclipse - NC

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I managed to save 1 so far that’s not even good IMO. By the time the clouds broke apart to see the moon, I had already taken the gear inside. Two guesses on what I was doing inside. Anyway, poked my head outside and the clouds had broken, shot back outside, setup, forgot all my settings and the North wind started howling. It was hard enough to keep myself stable against the wind (okay, the guesses of what I was doing inside probably fall into place here) much less the tripod. I lowered the tripod as far as I could, but the wind was relentless and I was in an open field without any windbreaks. Is that enough excuses?

eclipse-1.jpg

The above is a JPEG file, but I did shoot raw as well and when I figure out Capture NX, there might be one or two more, but I’m not getting the warm and fuzzies. (Well, that’s not accounting for what I was doing inside) Oh, did I mention that it started spitting rain to boot? Not much, but enough to get the gear and my a$$ back inside. One guess on what I did when I got back inside. :lol:

Oh well. I simply warmed up last_year's_thread ;). Saved me the hassle to get myself out of bed at 4 in the morning only to find the sky would be covered in clouds. So there :greenpbl: :wink: .

You did well, given the steadiness (cough-cough) you had ... and your tripod did.

New chances in 2011, so I hear, too! :D

Sounds like you had more fun than me! Along with clouds, wind and rain, I also had hail and lots of lightening. I should have brought the freezer with me :lol:

Most reactions

Back