Lunar Eclipse

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these images just a few short minutes ago of the Lunar Eclipse. Taken in Southern Ontario. Nikon D-70, 640iso, F.16 apature priority, 2 stops under exposed, Nikkor 70-300ED lens, Manfrotto Minipro. Not as sharp as I would like but not bad ofr the gear I have.

222lunar.jpg

111lunar.jpg

I may just go back out and try and improve the images on the back side of the eclipse.

Eric

nice!!! I've been trying to get some shots, but the clouds here in Buffalo are killing me... I can't see the moon at all for the past 20 minutes :(

I was very lucky as the clouds just blew out of the way as it started. They looked like they were heading your way so the clouds just may blow over for the last part of the eclipse.

Eric

Cool, thanks :)

this one is using the 12x optical zoom
moon01.jpg

and another zoomed in a tad more (i think 36x or 48x digital zoom)
moon02.jpg

Awsome, I couldn"t see it in southeastern Ohio either

I was pretty bummed, but these shots are great, good job all

Nice shots. I saw it but had no luck. Lots of clouds, and when it was clear, I had problems with my tripod ball head sliding on me.

Great shots guys! It was a little hazy here for the first hour and then it clouded over before it got into the full eclipse. I've gotten skunked out on all the good ones this year.

Being in aviation I verry familiar with weather putting a damper on events. We once had to rent 3 cars to get twelve guys home to Toronto from Louisville after an airshow. The weather forcast was crap for the next three days and we all had to get to work on Monday. At least I was there. I hate when we go to the airport and we can't get off the ground to go to the event. I really don't mind calling in Modaymorning saying I'm stuck somewhere :wink:

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back