No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1)
jlynsey-mflf-1.jpg

2)
jlynsey-mflf-2.jpg

Without knowing the purpose beyond the rather generic title, I suppose you succeeded.

Without knowing the purpose beyond the rather generic title, I suppose you succeeded.
Well it was a basic TFP photo session with a model, where we were essentially trying different shots and techniques out. I was checking whether folks though I might have made better choices with posing, lighting, composition, etc., whether the photos were interesting in an artistic sense ...

the pictures are pretty small, so its hard to comment on any fine details.
#1 i think is cropped too tight. not so much to do with the space above her head, but rather, being so close at the knees.
#2 has the opposite issue. I think it should have been cropped in more. there's nothing in the background that really justifies the negative space. maybe if the space were offset in the direction she was looking....but with her hair as it is, even space to that side would not feel appropriate. I think i would have preferred her looking at the camera like in #1. I personally dont see much value in the hair thing.

pixmedic said:
#1 i think is cropped too tight. not so much to do with the space above her head, but rather, being so close at the knees.
#2 has the opposite issue. I think it should have been cropped in more. there's nothing in the background that really justifies the negative space. maybe if the space were offset in the direction she was looking....but with her hair as it is, even space to that side would not feel appropriate. I think i would have preferred her looking at the camera like in #1. I personally dont see much value in the hair thing.

Always enjoy seeing what you are up to with your cameras, K.T..

The first one, IMHO, is not cropped tight enough. Her legs, especially her right, are much too distracting and compete with her face for attention.

The subject does not seem to be comfortable to me. It looks forced.

The first one, IMHO, is not cropped tight enough. Her legs, especially her right, are much too distracting and compete with her face for attention.

The comments re crop on #1 confirm some of my suspicions ... I like the parallel and right angle lines in the blanket folds (happy accident) and the line of her leg and I want to keep that apex the blanket forms as it approaches the top of the frame ... But the clipped knee and bright left knee are bright spots a that are shouting a bit. Hrrrrmmmm. Should've pulled the camera back a foot or two.

I think I'm forced to agree about the negative space in 2 ... I do want to keep the leading lines in the blanket on the posing block, and well as the symmetry in her legs with the blanket fold (wish that was on purpose, another happy accident)

the pictures are pretty small, so its hard to comment on any fine details............

Click on 'em to enlarge.

riiiiiight...
yea, i did that. like, the first time i saw them.
still not a very substantial size as far as detail viewing.
unlike you young kids, i need a larger viewing size to really see detail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back