Lynx Spider

OzPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love these spiders, they sit in flowers waiting for some unsuspecting pollinator to drop by.

4422368718_140fc1e773_o.jpg

is it just me or does that spider have 9 eyes?

hmmm... nothing comes up in a google search... so I guess it's pretty darn rare ;)

:)

Notice the additional eye is on the spiders left, indicating its is left....sided.
Glad to be of service.
Lovely shot btw.

No idea what that means but ok ;)

I love these spiders, they sit in flowers waiting for some unsuspecting pollinator to drop by.

i wonder if this spider has switched to this plant (at some point in the evolutionary timeline), from a previous but now extinct species. the host flowers are purple but the spiders are yellow. suggests that the relationship between is not really ancient? do you see these spiders only on these flowers, or other species of flowers also?

Awesome shot. what did you use for lighting and what was your shutter speed?

Awesome shot. what did you use for lighting and what was your shutter speed?

Lighting was achieved with a homemade shoot with diffusing material and shutter speed was 1/200, the top sync speed of the pop up flash. No fancy flash setup here!

Thanks for the feedback.

Great shot, nice lighting, but I must be honest with you...a good spider is a dead spider. I kill all I see, for that matter I kill most bugs I see.

Great shot, nice lighting, but I must be honest with you...a good spider is a dead spider. I kill all I see, for that matter I kill most bugs I see.

Oh no...ha ha! Each to their own I guess. They all have their place in the universe. I think that the spiders do less irritation and potential harm than the flies they hunt. I never kill or harm any of the insects I shoot. You have to have some appreciation of the most important life-forms on the planet as all ecosystems would fall apart with out them.

That is an amazzzzzing shot!

Most reactions

Back