Lynx Spider

That's beautiful... Though it does remind me unpleasantly of the spider that dropped from the ceiling onto my BED last night, right before I was about to go to sleep. I like spiders, but I draw the line at sleeping with them. :er:

This spider is much prettier than my spider, though. :)

I see two eyes, two fangs, and five defensive mechanisms that appear like eyes to fool predators into thinking they're being watched.

I love these spiders, they sit in flowers waiting for some unsuspecting pollinator to drop by.

i wonder if this spider has switched to this plant (at some point in the evolutionary timeline), from a previous but now extinct species. the host flowers are purple but the spiders are yellow. suggests that the relationship between is not really ancient? do you see these spiders only on these flowers, or other species of flowers also?

Many flowers have a yellow centers especially the very large Composite family (daisies, sunflowers, etc), and these types of spiders will often lurk there for their prey.

I absolutely love spiders, and these little hunters are great for macro photography.

I wonder if it has something of a birth defect though, the nine eyes are an abberation. They can have usually six to eight eyes.

Great shot!

That's beautiful... Though it does remind me unpleasantly of the spider that dropped from the ceiling onto my BED last night, right before I was about to go to sleep. I like spiders, but I draw the line at sleeping with them. :er:

This spider is much prettier than my spider, though. :)

Scientists have decided that the average human eats eight spiders in their sleep, in their lifetime.

How many spiders do we eat while sleeping on a yearly average | ChaCha Answers

(Something to ruminate on next time you drift off to sleep!):puke:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back