M62 - Eastbound and Westbound

MossEsque

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
20080303-Kirklees028-2small.jpg

20080303-Kirklees001-2small.jpg

I was looking at both these pictures and something just seemed real wrong about them. So I stared at them for a few min before it clicked that the cars are on the wrong side (compared to north america) But all in all they are neat pics since you can see both ways.

I`ve had driven on this motorway when I go out taking photographs and yea its is rather a long motorway it start constructed in the late 50 maybe 60`s, when the north west of Englad was more use and this motorway get really busy.

I was looking at both these pictures and something just seemed real wrong about them. So I stared at them for a few min before it clicked that the cars are on the wrong side (compared to north america) But all in all they are neat pics since you can see both ways.

Wow, that's such an american ignorant thing to say :thumbup:

I wasn't saying their way of the road was wrong, it just looked wrong until I realized what was going on. Plus I'm not American so I resent that comment.

British & Canadian huh? :er: anyway... back on topic!

Pic #1 is very good! a possible tilt of the horizon might help it... but... neat pics! (even if the cars are on the WRONG side of the road... hahahahah :mrgreen:)

Re posted for my American, Canadian and European, left hand drivers. Hope it looks better now, :lol::lol::lol:
20080303-Kirklees028-2smallusa.jpg

20080303-Kirklees001-2smallusa.jpg

It's great how you flipped them so they seem the same as North America. I always wondered why we drive on different sides of the road.

That area would make a cool 180 degree pano or a funky fisheye picture though. At night you could get some nice pictures of streaked lights there also.

Oh well the flipped photo's made me laugh. I have a feeling I may not live this one down.

When I read that post, this is the first thing I wanted to say but I would not have used a thumbs up. I know this is off topic, but that kind of **** really ticks me off. I put up with it for 3 years and in the end, my response to that was, Whatever..

On the shots, I like the first one. Lighting conditions look tough but you did well.

That looks insane the way you've flipped the traffic over, was driving on there a few weeks ago on a 22 hour, 980 mile round trip, for a mate of mine down here in west Cornwall.

Quite like those images. Think it's the lighting factor, so different the light up there compared to down here.

When I read that post, this is the first thing I wanted to say but I would not have used a thumbs up. I know this is off topic, but that kind of **** really ticks me off. I put up with it for 3 years and in the end, my response to that was, Whatever..

you're problem mad our toilets spin the right way in the States too, huh? hahahahaha :thumbup:

Everything in the States is the way wrong around.

Lightswitches, doors, taps, driving on t'other side of road, you name it, didn't matter what it was, they just had to do things differently, a pesky nuisance I thought that drove me to the point of sheer exasperation, especially when even after 3 months out there, I was still trying to jump in the wrong side of the beamer to drive the darn thing.

Think I upset this trucker a tad too, there he were bearing down on me like a ton of bricks in the middle of nowhere somewhere in the western States, with him blasting his horn, me gesticulating wildly out the window for him to get the hell out of my way, when at the last few seconds it dawned on me, that actually, I was on the wrong side of the road.

Swerving quickly by instinct, I immediatedly pulled the steering wheel lefthand side down, which seemed to annoy him for some unfathomable reason even more. I guess he didn't see my British flag flying proudly on top of the car.

Oops. Sorry Mr Trucker, I'm from England, please excuse me, I say, isn't it lovely weather? :hail: :lol:

Cup of tea darling? ;)

I really like the first shot the most, I love how far you are able to see.

Most reactions

Back