Mac Laptops - Photographers Love or Hate?

This is a Ford vs Chevy question!

I have been a Mac (Chevy) user since the IIC came out. Never owned a PC (Ford) but I have to use them at work and hate them.

I don't think you would be unhappy with a Mac Laptop. I have one I haul all over the place with me when I travel and have had no problems. Much eaiser O/S than windows. Software is more limited with a Mac but for me it has never been a problem.

If you can try both and see what you like, then buy the Mac.

Re: Customer service. I just had Apple replace a flat panel Imac after I lost a couple of logic boards. No hassel, great customer service, and ended up with the newest model since my old one isn't made any longer.

Bada Gora said:
...Recently, whilst working on a very important project, our editors mac went bad, really bad. He took it to the mac store and they ended up having to send it somewhere via mail to get it repaired. The notebook came back and everything worked fine, for a while. Then the same problem happened again. He took it back to the mac store and talked with SEVERAL different managers and what not. In the end he did not get his mac fixed the second time around because the people at the mac store advised him, and I quote, "get an attorney".

So if something does happen the people at apple are not very great with customer service. And now our editor is out of a computer and we are currently scrounging for a replacement.
I had the absolute opposite experiance. Apple has the best customer service I have ever experiance. And I didn't even purchase the extended warranty.

Once you go Mac, you never go back ;). I currently have the G5 iMac and the G4 iBook and 90% off my friends that are professional photographers and/or artists prefer Macintosh.

fredcwdoc said:
This is a Ford vs Chevy question!

WELL SAID, hear hear. I just read this whole thread for the first time and it's laughable.

Mine's better! No MINE is! No MIIIINE!!!!

Get what you want! I love love love my Macs. My husband is really very happy with his Dell.

I use Macs because I am a graphic designer and they are the industry standard. I also love OSX. I won't make any APPLES ARE BETTER claims...they are simply what I prefer.

Now.....is it "pop" or "soda?" *runs away*

I really think alot of the people that are drawn to Macs are becuase of the "plug and play" style laptop. I mean, you go out and buy one.. you go to Starbucks and turn in on, and your on the net. And if you said that Windows is better, that's why Mac is switching to Intel. They would not have made the switch if it wasn't for INTEL turning upside down to work for the Mac. You don't see their old stuff running off of Intels because they weren't the best for them, then. Now after all the trust artists have placed in Macs, Mac isn't going to let them down on this new setup, I think it's going to be amazing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back