Mac Software Part II

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, since I am about to become broke from my DSLR purchase. I was wondering, what is the best image editing program you can get for Macs for the lowest price. I'm pretty much going to be broke for awhile so I need something cheap, with moderate features, that is adequate for editing photos. Thanks in advance...

Some people use 'Gimp'...which is free.

I would recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements. It does most of the photo editing things that the full Photoshop does, but at a much lower price.

Cool man, I'll try out Gimp from Cnet and if that doesn't work that well maybe I'll drop the cash for Elements... I read some other threads and guys were saying there is a world of difference between Elements and Gimp, so if Gimp doesn't work for me, I'll check out elements... Thanks for the input

I also recommend Photoshop. Elements won't set you back as far as CS3, but it'll do the job. My Canon came with it's own editing software, but it's nothing to get excited about. It'll work if it is the only thing you have.

I don't know if you are a student or not but if you are you can get the photoshop cs3 extended version which is normally 1K for $300. I know that is still probably way over your budget but it might be something to keep in the back of your mind for when you can save up a little more cash. Maybe go with gimp for now and then save your money for the best instead of using it for an in between product then upgrading.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back