Macondo

Fer!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm posting this photograph shot a month ago almost as it came out from the camera: I just turned it into sepia to enhance the classic touch a subject like this deserves and the usual resizing plus a bit of USM for posting purposes. No contrast, levels cropping nor cloning,etc. has been done at all. I hope you like it.

IMG_00331.jpg

Villa de Leyva, Colombia
A casual portrait attempt of "Don Pastor"

Made with Canon EOS 20D

Wonderful portrait of "Don Pastor"!
The only slightly distracting thing is the "knee clad in jeans". No more.

lovely! even though i haven't seen the first one, but i think the sepia adds to the mood.

LaFoto,

Thanks for the kind comment and suggestion as well.

sarakay,

Well, I didn't ever consider to post the color version of this shot. You haven't missed anything! :). Thanks for the warm words.

Thank you everyone for looking at...

If were were to adjust anything... I would say dim the light in the upper left hand corner. I think u acheived yer goal here, great feel.

You used a flash on this picture?

i absolutely love this portrait-:)
and i really like the lady at the background..she adds alot, imo.
but im with La Foto - the knee at the right bothers me...
great shot-:)

.....is it REALLY 'Gabo's' Macondo? he he he -:) ;)

that's really a great shot if you ask me, Fernando. the tones and subject are very interesting. i'd like a little bit better lighting on the face, but overall, nice job! :)

MostlyDigital,

Thanks for viewing and for the kind suggestion, as well. I didn't use a flash. Instead, I used ISO 400 with Tv: 1/80, Av: 6.3 and Canon EFS 18-55 @27mm.

photo gal,

Thanks for the kind comments and suggestion.

anua,

Thanks for the warm words and the valuable suggestion. Well, it could be Macondo but in reality it's not. Macondo is an imaginary name Gabo gave to the town he was born in (Aracataca is the real name). I just wanted to transmit the same feeling anyone could have if you were in Macondo talking to an old man drinking a beer. :)

Nytmair,

Thanks for such a kind comment and suggestion.

JonMikal,

Thanks for the comment.

Again, thank you everyone for looking at. ;)

Most reactions

Back