MacPhun luminar

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by jaomul, Nov 1, 2017.

1. jaomul

jaomul Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just wondering if anyone is using this (obviously on a Mac).It is to get Digital Asset Management soon. I tried the windows beta version and because of this I can preorder the full program at a discount, but I have not used it enough and the beta is missing a bit. Any opinions, thanks

2. Tomasko

Tomasko No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm wondering this myself too, the discounted price looks very interesting. It should be $39/€39, right?

3. jaomul

Photos OK to edit
    I think discount price is 59, because I had beta it's 49, I think anyone upgrading from older version it's 39

4. Tomasko

Photos OK to edit
    Looks like you're right, I just checked after verifying my key...

What's your experience with the beta? I just installed it and it's still pretty buggy and slow. For instance when I try to open raw files, sometimes it works (and takes like 15 seconds), but sometimes it just crashes on me saying "External component has thrown an exception.". When I try to paint over the example image with a brush tool, it lags behind 1-2 seconds, so it's pretty unusable. This is on a newly reinstalled machine, 6core, 8gb ram and ssd... I know people complain about photoshop being slow, but PS runs on my pc much faster than affinity and luminar combined.

5. jaomul

Photos OK to edit
    Ya the beta is not good, but I wouldn't expect that to rflect the final product. I was asking here about anyone that used it because even though at the moment it's mac only, I'd expect the final product to be similar.

I'd like to know if in the final you can specify a custom crop size, simple things may make me buy it :)

6. Tomasko

Photos OK to edit

It seems you can already do that in the beta, so I'd suspect final won't be too much different. Just click on the size directly and type it in, it will automatically say "custom".
    I'm just worried about that performance and bugs :/

• Useful Useful x 1