Macro Challenge! Grain of RICE!

I made the mistake of cooking the rice first. Then I ate it.

not great, but I'm still getting the hang of Macro...need to work on my DOF control when close to 1:1 i'm finding out.
rice1.jpg

100%
rice2.jpg

thats jasmine rice BTW, the yellow grain is just an oddball one out of them...

not great, but I'm still getting the hang of Macro...need to work on my DOF control when close to 1:1 i'm finding out.

thats jasmine rice BTW, the yellow grain is just an oddball one out of them...

Cool! Hmmm.. is Yellow Rice like Yellow Snow? lol!

ok. i'm game. i'll try tonight after santa stops by.

This was a BAD idea. It wouldn't be so bad if it was on the grain, I'd just insist on washing the rice from now on.

No. While you can't see it clearly, the bug is INSIDE the grain. Now I am wondering how many nearly microscopic insects I eat every single day and don't even know about it. Gipson, damn you, now I am going to have an eating disorder.

6567782921_089ec4f5d2_b.jpg

This was a BAD idea. It wouldn't be so bad if it was on the grain, I'd just insist on washing the rice from now on.

No. While you can't see it clearly, the bug is INSIDE the grain. Now I am wondering how many nearly microscopic insects I eat every single day and don't even know about it. Gipson, damn you, now I am going to have an eating disorder.

Another one bites the dust! :)

OH GOD! and how many of these things ARE DUST that we breath in?!

... i think i'll just hold my breath from now on.

More than you care to know about. Rice and cereal are particularly bad about this. The bugs just show that it has been on the shelf for a while, but there are always eggs. I learned this the hard way in the Navy. On deployment, we had those little sealed cereal packs. The first few months of deployment, everything was all good. About 3 months into it, there started to be bugs in the cereal. Now, these were sealed, individual packs. Only one explanation...all cereal has eggs in it, you just shouldn't give them time to hatch.

Happy eating.

Just added protein.. no big deal! lol! :)

Jesus,

Ok I'm a fan

Gipson, you are going to have to step it up, son.

There is already certain Larvae-like quality to rice that is kinda gross. This is not helped up close and backlit.

6567919805_bb506b6543_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back