macro horses

carly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Horses, Macro and shallow DOF

carlyView Public ProfileSend a private message to carlySend email to carlyFind More Posts by carlyAdd carly to Your Buddy List

I usually only post when I like the shots but as I see you need to double post to get a reply I'll comment anyway.

I'm not very fond with any of these. The compositions are not very interesting. Some of them are also out of focus.I'm not sure what you were going after here so i can't comment on how you would improve.

Dani.

Not real interesting. Looks like it was a very bright day too...the colors are kind washed out and there are some very harsh shadows. Maybe try some not-so-common views of the horse to get a more interesting photo, and work on your focus! :)

Hi carly. I think the shots might have been a bit ambitious? Macro shots on such a big subject. :)

Why not try a small subject such as a fly on a horse? Something like that?

I don't think these are really macros anyway. They are more like closeups or zoomed and cropped in on original files.

I didn't know the difference that long ago either, but after seeing true macros on this site, I can't wait to go get a macro lens :)

Also, I don't really see any shallow DOF either. If it were, the grass and other backgrounds would be more blurred with the main subject being crisp (at least in my experience).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back