Macro Lenses

craigwaud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can anyone help i am a begginer and have bought a sony SLR A380.
I have also bought a set of macro lenses +1 +2 +4 +10
unfortunatly i cant attach them to my Lens . am i doing somthing wrong.

Regards Craig

If these are the filters that you are trying to attach to your lenses, then the reason why its not fitting is because the filter diameter is different from the lens diameter.

I saw your post in another thread as well. It sounds as if you might want to look into a step-up or step-down ring, which is a fairly low-priced accessory that has threads of one millimeter diameter on the front, and threads of a differing size on the rear. These stepping rings are sold through filter distributors and well-stocked photo shops, and allow use of larger filters on smaller lens fronts, like 77mm>67mm and 72mm>58mm, and all sorts of various size permutations.

SInce you have a 1.5x crop-sensor body, it is possible that you might even be able to go "the wrong way" by a bit, and not suffer from vignetting if the lens(es) are longer focal length and narrow-angle, like using a 55mm filter threaded to a step ring which is then screwed into a lens-front threrad fitting that's **larger by a bit** such as 58mm.

Most lenses have front filter threads, but it's my understanding that a couple of new kit lenses have appeared without front filter threads...What size filter threads do you have to work with?

Derrel

Thanks for your advise,some of it was a bit to indepth for me (A Begginer).
I called into my local photography shop and they have sorted me out.
One more question while we are talking, How do i upload my profile picture.
Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back