Macro question

I had posted these in another macro thread, but since it applies, I'll put them here, too.

This is what I use hand-held....

mb1.jpg

And if I have a static subject that I have time to set up on, this whole rig clips onto the tripod.....

mb3.jpg

I like that - the details look well captured - though I think you need to clean you crabtank - and possibly add more light to the combo - as it is it looks a little dark.

Not my crab tank and it was a spur of the moment thing. I wanted to see If I could TC and macro through a fish tank all at once....Still needs some fine tuning. :lol: Sadly the crabs did not last long, their owner put them in a different tank and they died....

hmm I agree on a non macro lens that a TC is not macro enablaing whilst an extension tube is, but I am sure I have read (by another hand) that a teleconverter on a macro lens increases magnification.

Well give me a week and I'll find out one way or another, I have a 2X TC and a Macro prime and a bellows. I just have to take the shots.

I did expariment with a TC'd 50mm 1.4 with macro filters, the results where that of a 100mm with macro filters, it was the results I was was expecting but the photos where pretty much crap. I'll have to process those in a little wile just because.

Slight change of plans, Provided it's still there on thursday I'm going to add another component and retest with more macro toys. Further more it crossed my mind of a more acceptable testing methoed requiring components I do not yet have available to me. As soon as I find what I need I'll be all over it.

But as it stands, during my subject search I was seeing no magnification boost from the teleconverter beyond that provided by the focal range boost.

Most reactions

Back