Macro (Water Drops/Splash)

Caleb W.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these a couple months ago and I thought I would share them with you. :mrgreen:
l_a5872e328bcbabd7641c5a2e821b79ba.jpg

l_b6ad2aabd86c5d2f561e2902779a6585.jpg

l_006866d99aeafc7a3c4d132107a56b4a.jpg

l_efd96ffedb77ec2ab745d40e0bd5b2ab.jpg

l_eac6a7979681c261d3b1a891ed90ec1a.jpg

l_b139c9db0b7211227962f1d865777c98.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:
I love the flow of all the pictures. If you put them all together, they'd be one great poster.

Thanx everybody for the replies! :mrgreen: When I get more I'd be happy to share them with you. :D

I don;t know if you noticed, but all the pictures are out of focus :|... is it just me?

Other than that are good pictures.
Not out of focus, just very narrow DOF. If you look, you will see something in each picture that is sharp while in front or in back of that point is out of focus. DOF must have been 1/8 inch or less.

Nice pictures by the way.

Caleb, what was your aperture settings for these pictures?

Next time try to be more in line (same plane) with the water surface/edge of the bowl you let the water drip into, not as much from slightly above as here. The effect is even better! And fill the bowl to the point of overflowing and let it overflow with each drop, saves you from having to show the edges. And focus must be absolutely precise with what little DOF you get when the lens is on macro, any other photo must be considered a "blooper" (like 5).

Using flash with these might give you a chance to stop down some and thus increase - if only marginally - your DOF.

Next time try to be more in line (same plane) with the water surface/edge of the bowl you let the water drip into, not as much from slightly above as here. The effect is even better! And fill the bowl to the point of overflowing and let it overflow with each drop, saves you from having to show the edges. And focus must be absolutely precise with what little DOF you get when the lens is on macro, any other photo must be considered a "blooper" (like 5).

Using flash with these might give you a chance to stop down some and thus increase - if only marginally - your DOF.

Thanks for the advice! I would try to be straight on with the edge but I was using water from the faucet to drip into a bowl (cup) and I have a lip on the edge of the sink thus making me have to shoot slightly above.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back