macro yellow flower- insect

conflicting subjects. I dont know if I should be looking at the flower with a bug on it, or the bug sitting on a flower. If it's the bug then I feel that the flower is overwhelming the picture and could possibly use a crop, or a little less saturation. Also the bug is out of focus further down its body (a problem with macro photography).

Lollypop, members will be "generally critical" here in Landscape and Nature, too, to where I moved this thread.
I'm thinking on the lines of cropping this more, too, and I would think in the way of almost eliminating all the blurred background on the left, which is no use for us to see the bug on the flower, to then almost only bringing out flower and bug. That'd reduce your colours to yellow and bug-colour. I don't mind that the wings get blurred, for you got the eyes sharp (from what I can see), which is what counts (to me ;)) most in insect pics of this kind.

My eyes keep going to the middle of the flower and see the bee as something that should not be there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back