Macro

Shorty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an Olympus E500 and whenever I try to get a nice macro shot, it gets blurry. What am I doing wrong? Is it a must that I have a macro lens? I just got this camera and am still learning, so don't know all the technicalities of it yet. :er:

are you using a tripod? Are you sure the blur isn't from camera shake?

I know for certain what the problem is - It is too stinking cold in Minnesota and you cant stop shivering long enough - ditto for here in Wisconsin - and ditto for gfoz's idea.
Also I think you can not vary your distance from the subject either, only the one in focus distance, burrrrrrrr I hate winter.

No, not using the tripod yet. Hmmm, yeah, it is too freakin cold here. :lol:

for one, if you are using the kit lens(14-45?) youre very limited on how close you can get and focus it, and the largest aperture at 14mm is 3.5, that sucks. i just got the 14-54f2.8-3.5(as well as the 35mm macro) and the larger aperture makes a big diff(i wish the macro was a 2.0). definately need a tripod though

Yeah, I got the kit with the two lens'.... and I'm going to definitely need a tripod soon. Thanks you guys. :)

I will be in the twin cities this weekend... Grandmothers birthday..

Steve

the 2 lens kit is great(thats what i got too). i really enjoy the longer of the two, but rarely use the 14-45 since i got the 14-54. that or a macro are my 2 BIG big recommendations(after the tripod of course!) and i was told that an olympus rep told them(local camera shop i got my stuff from) that there will be a vertical battery grip available in the near future!

Steve, I used to live in Iowa when I was little, did the farm thing, I loved it! (some of my best memories) :)

Most reactions

Back