Macros with polarizer

Sergiozal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
If this is not the right place to post it, I appologize

I made few tests with and without a linear polarizer to get rid of sunlight reflexes, the pistures are here: tests

You could have almost the same results with a diffuser, but using a polarizer you have both hands free to hold the camera :)

Very nice presentation of the effects of a polarizer; I remember so well that when I was still new to this board, I did own a polarizer, but didn't really know what it was doing! Only later did I detect its effects at last.
But where is the difference between a polarizer and a "diffuser"? I must admit that I don't even know what a diffuser is and why it would not give you both hands to hold the camera?

LaFoto said:
Very nice presentation of the effects of a polarizer; I remember so well that when I was still new to this board, I did own a polarizer, but didn't really know what it was doing! Only later did I detect its effects at last.
But where is the difference between a polarizer and a "diffuser"? I must admit that I don't even know what a diffuser is and why it would not give you both hands to hold the camera?

The diffuser I am talking about is just a semitransparent paper or cloth to distribute the light in even, soft way, something like this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=254370&is=REG

yes, yous howed us some great examples, I never tried macro with polarizer, maybe because I use reversed lens :)

mentos_007 said:
yes, yous howed us some great examples, I never tried macro with polarizer, maybe because I use reversed lens :)
You can use it evenso... just thread the filter before you thread the lens to the reversing ring. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back