Mac's you gotta love 'em

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a quick note to say I recently swapped out my multimedia PC that ran windows XP for a MAc mini courtesy of my workplace, and I freakin' love it. Congrats to Apple who win the prettiest machines competition hands down every time. Now I just need to get my editing software put onto it so I can upload all my photos to the system instead of my gaming machine.

Anyone else use macs? and anyone have any tips for me a new user of them?

cheers

I keep an old Mac at home. Once in a while, I get a job to design a small ad or brochure and most of the smaller print houses still need Mac files.

Tips? I can't help there. Sorry.

Pete

I use a PowerBook G4, it's amazing... I will never go back to PC's.

I've been using Macs since the early '90s (the IIsi) and have never switched. :)

The most telling sign between a mac user and a pc user - Mac users give a ****

I started on Macs about 10 years ago with one of those old beige Performas, then changed to PC's because i wanted to play games, now, as of last week I'm back to Macs with a MacBook Pro. Still have my PC but i cant see it getting used much again, Im sick of reinstalling windows on it every 6 months

i swtiched to mac about a year and a half ago...the amount of time I spend maintaining my computer has dropped by about 90%. more time to spend with my piccies :D

Nahhhh. XP is better (runs and hides :p )
Seriously, though I prefer Linux over either, but getting everything to work on Linux is kind of a pain! Mac is cool though since it is built on a Unix clone!

My Mac sure works for me. You will love it for managing photos. As for tips I would buy a kind of Mac-for-Dummies type of book and use it to learn all the extra things you can do with keyboard shortcuts and things like that. Once you start using the Mac Os's intuitive features it is really great.

GoM said:
The most telling sign between a mac user and a pc user - Mac users give a ****

one thing I've noticed about Mac users since ive started browsing the mac forums and stuff, is that they are VERY fussy and finnicky bunch of people and expect very high standards from apple. If you look on the forums they are full of threads like "noticed a slight noise on my macbook, you can only hear it when in a completely silent room, Is it broke?" . It's credit to apple i suppose that such minor things seem to be the main problems. It beats "I have a blue screen on booting up my pc, what does that mean?"

sweeet. i really like the macbook pro's, i doubt I'll ever get one though. my desktop workstation (PC - only about 6 months old) hasn't ever messed up on me aside from a 'thinking break' or two (I've used macs a fair bit and it's happened on those too, but it's no big deal) so i've never really needed or wanted to switch. I like 3d/gaming stuff too, which is another reason for me to stick with what I got. I will agree though, macs are probably the prettiest machines you can buy.

The only problem I've had with my PC is that it fills up with so much junk that comes with browsing the internet, downloading, etc, that I'll occassionally need to re-format it. I did it once two years ago (the machine is..hmm...almost 4 years old, though I've upgraded everything except the sound card and the motherboard), and I think I may have to do it again soon. Considering my technical know-how is pretty limited beyond where to plug a video card into and whatnot, the fact that I've had quite literally 0 blue screens of death in 7 years of owning a PC, after growing up on my parents' Macs, is a telling sign. Granted, one of the guys I lived with busted his video card clearing the inside of the case with a fan (why he didn't use compressed air, I don't know), but I'll chalk that up to human error over the machine's fault.

Basically, I've used both, and my personal preference is with PC's. I can play any game I want, within reason, as well as edit movies, listen to music and muck about with photographs. My dad's friend has been in the media, music and technological business for 30-40-odd years, and he swears by PCs, just for the mass use of them.

Though I do enjoy this little video

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3CrQjfgvqJQ[/ame]

Most reactions

Back