Madison L.

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...How many makeovers is this site going to have?

Although, I can't say I hate this one thus far... but then again, I haven't tried to upload a file yet so... we'll see...

This is Madison.

LeBlanc0511 1.jpg

LeBlanc0513.jpg

LeBlanc0553.jpg

too many for individual critique, but ill give you a quickie!

first set is nice. (1-3)
second set is great! (4-9) {(one or two cropped kinda tight for my taste, but nothing major)}
third set is ok-ish. (10-13)

I liked set 2 the best for me, but I love the eyes in #10! :)

Ya, which one am I supposed to look at! Very consistent lighting on the first (1-9), and second set!

Emily, you know I love your stuff, but the beauty dish reflection in the eyes strikes me as being a little freaky. But that's me. #4-9 are very nice, and I really love the overall feeling of #9. #10-13 have the beauty disk issue (for me). #1-3 are quite classy, but on the dark side (maybe 1 to 1-1/2 stops).

too many for individual critique, but ill give you a quickie!

first set is nice. (1-3)
second set is great! (4-9) {(one or two cropped kinda tight for my taste, but nothing major)}
third set is ok-ish. (10-13)

I liked set 2 the best for me, but I love the eyes in #10! :)

Ya, which one am I supposed to look at! Very consistent lighting on the first (1-9), and second set!

Thanks for all of your feedback :)

Emily, you know I love your stuff, but the beauty dish reflection in the eyes strikes me as being a little freaky. But that's me. #4-9 are very nice, and I really love the overall feeling of #9. #10-13 have the beauty disk issue (for me). #1-3 are quite classy, but on the dark side (maybe 1 to 1-1/2 stops).

Thanks for your feedback. :)

I figured some people would think that 1-3 were too dark, however I intentionally wanted them darker and a little moodier.

I shot them dark on purpose, and played around with really brightening them up in post, but they became completely different images (and in my opinion, stagnant and boring) with a lot of brightening.

I'm sure more people will agree with you. And it's very likely in a few months I will look back at these and feel I should have done something differently, but as of right now, that was the intention behind them. :icon_mrgreen:

2nd set is my favorite, I kinda like the way her eyes look in the 3rd set. Kinda creepy but cool lol

but the beauty dish reflection in the eyes strikes me as being a little freaky.

2nd set is my favorite, I kinda like the way her eyes look in the 3rd set. Kinda creepy but cool lol

OH YEAH... Also... the third set, Pgriz... it's a ring light, not a beauty dish. Just in case you were curious. :)

Ok. Not dark. Sultry. Yes, that's the word.

OH YEAH... Also... the third set, Pgriz... it's a ring light, not a beauty dish. Just in case you were curious. :)

Oh right. I knew that. :barbershop_quartet_member:

But between you and me and the internet, I still find the catchlights they make in the eyes a little disconcerting. They come across as somewhat demonic. I know, I know. I should have my hangups checked out.

Oh right. I knew that. :barbershop_quartet_member:

But between you and me and the internet, I still find the catchlights they make in the eyes a little disconcerting. They come across as somewhat demonic. I know, I know. I should have my hangups checked out.

Haha, no, that's fine.

They definitely do something different to the eyes, and you're allowed to find it disconcerting, haha.

Over all I like them very much, the only thing I might say (and these are nits) is to ease back a bit on the highlight on the bridge of her nose (but still leave it!), and her face might be a little hot in the last set. Is that a ring flash? In the last set, especially the first & last image, the ringy catchlights look kind of alien & spooky to me, and aren't so flattering.

These are really pleasing to look at though. I'd have 'em in my portfolio!

Nicely done :)

P.S. What ringflash do you use?

Over all I like them very much, the only thing I might say (and these are nits) is to ease back a bit on the highlight on the bridge of her nose (but still leave it!), and her face might be a little hot in the last set. Is that a ring flash? In the last set, especially the first & last image, the ringy catchlights look kind of alien & spooky to me, and aren't so flattering.

These are really pleasing to look at though. I'd have 'em in my portfolio!

Nicely done :)

P.S. What ringflash do you use?

It's a DIY ring flash that the owner of the studio I'm a member at made.

Most reactions

Back