Madison Rowley, World Beard and Mustache Championship Winner

"Artistic interpretation" doesn't exist on TPF.

I disagree. The fact that we don't see a lot of it here doesn't mean it is not presented occasionally.
I beg to differ. Very commonly I see people accused of all sorts of BS simply for having an artistic interpretation that others don't agree with. More so here than ANYWHERE I have ever shared my photographs.

Dan, I like it. In my opinion the arm positioning brings you right back to the focus of the image. The beard and mustache. After my eye completed that "loop" I noticed the facial expression. It's as if he is contemplating shaving!! Great job

Dan, I like it. In my opinion the arm positioning brings you right back to the focus of the image. The beard and mustache. After my eye completed that "loop" I noticed the facial expression. It's as if he is contemplating shaving!! Great job
Thank you.

That's hilarious, because we were chatting about the temptation of beard shaving and how hard that temptation can be to resist sometimes. Growing a beard like that takes a LOT of time and restraint. I've never been able to get close to where he is; maybe 1/4th of what he's got, and even that is a challenge for me. His took 2 years to grow.

Thank you.

That's hilarious, because we were chatting about the temptation of beard shaving and how hard that temptation can be to resist sometimes. Growing a beard like that takes a LOT of time and restraint. I've never been able to get close to where he is; maybe 1/4th of what he's got, and even that is a challenge for me. His took 2 years to grow.

I fight the urge every summer. Too damn hot and itchy.

I disagree. The fact that we don't see a lot of it here doesn't mean it is not presented occasionally.

Honestly, it's better here than it is other places, but there is still a rigidity that is annoying.

It's better than Photocamel, however. On that forum, you'll be told to use the rule-of-thirds for the sake of the tired "rules," even when using that principle would throw the whole photo out of balance.

Honestly, it's better here than it is other places, but there is still a rigidity that is annoying.

It's better than Photocamel, however. On that forum, you'll be told to use the rule-of-thirds for the sake of the tired "rules," even when using that principle would throw the whole photo out of balance.
They just want to make sure everyone's photos all look the same...

Have mercy.
Noone Is forcing anyone to participate here, and Noone will hold it against anyone that feels another forum is better suited for them.
I'm a mod on 3 photography forums, and this one, by far, has the best overall bunch of people.
There's a little something for everyone here.

Thank you.

I fight the urge every summer. Too damn hot and itchy.
Good thing I'll be back in Alaska this Summer, where beards are highly celebrated and respected. I plan on entering mine into Ketchikan's beard competition during the blueberry festival in August. I can't touch my beard for 5 months, and it's already pretty big.

Have mercy.
Noone Is forcing anyone to participate here, and Noone will hold it against anyone that feels another forum is better suited for them.
I'm a mod on 3 photography forums, and this one, by far, has the best overall bunch of people.
No one said anyone is being forced. Others and I were pointing something out that is commonly seen here. No need to intervene, thanks.

Have mercy.
No one said anyone is being forced. Others and I were pointing something out that is commonly seen here. No need to intervene.
I was just making sure.
I've noticed an awful lot of bitching about this place from random people lately and I just wanted everyone to know that they are not locked in here.

Most reactions

Back