Magazine suggestions?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Kerri Rae, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Kerri Rae

Kerri Rae TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've spent so much time reading photography and photo editing books in the last little while, I've decided to get a couple Zine subscriptions and wanted to know if you all had any suggestions of 'to get' or 'to avoid'.

TIA!

2. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I dont know your location but if england, amatuer photographer and pro photographer are good for newby's, but only subscribe for a year, I find the articles too similar year in/out so after a year drop them, there's others specializing in black n white etc which are also worth a look. H

3. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What type of magazine? There are lots of magainzes which are photography related, some directly, some indirectly. It depends on what your focus is. Rangefinder is a free magazine, pretty much devoted to portrait and wedding photography, with the ocassional landscape. I personally prefer to get National Geographic, a few of the fashion mags like Vogue, Cosmo, Glamour, and InStyle for inspiration as well. Popular Photography is your basic tech magazine. There are mags devoted to black and white photography. It all depends what you want.

4. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!

Let me re-iterate what Matt said Rangefinder can't be beat I would buy it even if it wasn't free.

5. HASHASHIN

HASHASHIN TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  6. EOS_JD

EOS_JD TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    EOS Magazine is great if you have a Canon SLR. Subscription only for this quarterly magazine that helps with your technique using a canon camera.

http://www.eos-magazine.com/