Maggie

dangerwoman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2604666301_f1812282a9.jpg

just getting into portraiture and such. :)

Seems alright but I think the lighting is a little bit too harsh. It is doing something to her face that makes it not look good. Makes her look pale

~Michael~

A good effort, and while you've not asked for comment/critique, I'll offer a couple of suggestions (in addition to agreeing with the above comment). Choose your backgrounds and surroundings carefully. While you've made good use of selective focus to produce a soft background, there's still enough detail in it to be distracting to some degree, especially the branches upper right. Additionally, this pose is rarely flattering to anyone; in fact, with the rare exception of a few very dramatically lit portraits, the only time one should see a full side profile, IMO, is if the picture says "Wanted" at the top.

What I think was needed for this image, composition notwithstanding, was a diffuser over the light source from image left. That would have softened things up considerably, and produced a nicer skin tone. You've got a beautiful model there - take advantage of her!

Seems alright but I think the lighting is a little bit too harsh. It is doing something to her face that makes it not look good. Makes her look pale

~Michael~

Agree, I did a quick edit to show you hope you dont mind! Just used the recovery tool in Lightroom to recover the blown out areas.

2604666301_f1812282a9-2.jpg

Last edited:
thanks. tho i prefer to keep her skintone as it was in reality rather than giving her a "tan".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back