Magical Kingdom...

Wow. You have to wonder why exactly this happens; there must be an explanation beyond the security guard just being a prick.

don is a security guard. don is a really powerfull person.

Let this be a lesson to you.

Snapshots might get ridiculed on the internet, but they'll never get you kicked out of a theme park ;)

Wouldn't most terrorists try not to be noticed? I mean if you're really taking photos with the intent of causing mass destruction wouldn't it behoove you to be just another face in the crowd. You wouldn't bring in your damned tripod, d700, probably an assortment of lenses, filters, etc. and make an obvious footprint there. Ridiculous at what we've become.

Photographers are treated pretty crapily by authorities. I've been through more than one experience where I've been harassed by police on the street because I was taking photographs at 3:00 a.m., simply because of the euphoric atmosphere, silence, and lack of humans in a human element. They don't understand it.

I have been stopped numerous times by the police, be polite and honest. If you are not trespassing, generally they are not too bad. Do not try to take shots of government buildings...they will become very agressive, trust me.

I have also been approached many times by rent-a-cops. Again be polite. The first question I ask them is: "am I breaking a law?"
That usually sets the tone.

I have also been harassed by homeowners. They are usually the most aggressive. I even had a homeowner sick her dog on me.

Try to know the laws, try to approach a theme park or other private property first.

In the OP's case, if his story is 100% true, I would defintely contact upper management. If, they have not already read the different websites that have posted this story.

I've also been chased off various places numerous times. People have even tried to harass me when I'm standing on public property. Oddly, this happened more in the few years I lived in the Chicago area than in Philly or NYC where I've been most of my life. The first question always is "why are you taking pictures" to which my answer "for my own amusement" never seems to help much, although I'm not sure how else to explain it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back