Magma - Hot Lave on the Big Island

JerBoyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
boyd.zenfolio.com
I might have become a "Lava Junkie" today. Here is one after a 1 hour hike at the end of Chain of Craters Drive.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I would have loved to spend the day there just shooting away.

Jeremy

http://Boyd.zenfolio.com/p806149592/?photo=653596398

p207544398-3.jpg

Great shot. I went to see some lava on the big island back in 2000.

Travel-01.jpg

Very nice shot Jeremy.

Sheesh Mike, you are big.

Nice shot, I wish I lived there. You clean up well, Mike.

great shot, love the effect on the water

Thank you for these photos, Jeremy, I have been through your entire Hawaii-album by now and have enjoyed each and every one of your photos there. Isn't the orange-red of the molten lava a beautiful colour? Always? Standing out so wonderfully against the black of the cooling and hardening one? And to be thinking that this is STONE that slowly flows, crackling, smelling, rolling forward, breaking open, revealing another hot and orange inside ... I have never seen it with my own eyes (nor smelled the smell that goes with it, nor felt the heat ... how hot is it, how much of the heat do you feel when you are there to take photos of this kind?), but I think I would enjoy.

Who knows?
Maybe much later in his life my son will do the Iron Man Triathlon Competition on Hawaii and might take his by then really old mother along!?!?? ;)

Most reactions

Back