maintenance

soulfly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just wondering, is there any special maintenace I should be doing to my camera and/or lenses and accesories? what is the best way to clean lenses? I can see streaking on the inner lens of my zoom/macro 75-300mm, should I have it cleaned by a pro?

soulfly said:
just wondering, is there any special maintenace I should be doing to my camera and/or lenses and accesories? what is the best way to clean lenses? I can see streaking on the inner lens of my zoom/macro 75-300mm, should I have it cleaned by a pro?

Maintenance of a lens should be minimal if kept clean. However, if there is any streaking occuring I suggest you get some lens cleaning fluid and some lens cleaning tissue. Anything else will scratch the coating. For cleaning fluid I use the one made by Zeiss and you can find it here:

http://www.greatoutdoors.com/go/product/zeisslenscleaningfluid/binoculars.com/

Lens cleaning tissues you can find at any camera store.

So far, I have had great success with Zeiss fluid, I use it on Hasselblad lenses.

If the streaking appears to be inside the lens though, I would take it for a cleaning at a specialized shop, but try cleaning it on the outer elements first, it might save you some money.

Good luck.

All the advice I've heard/read says that most people should only attempt surface cleaning of lenses and cameras. Internal cleaning and repair can be expensive and tricky work...

Cameras can be taken in for a C.L.A. Clean, lube & adjust.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back