Majestic tripod sidearm

ScotA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I have this Majestic tripod that is approximately 40 years old. It has a sidearm attachment and I am trying to figure out how it would be used. The sidearm has "Majestic A130" molded into it.The sidearm that is shown on the Bencher site only has a single arm. This has 2 tubes and brackets. I'm sure this will be elementary for you guys. :) Thanks

5493452020_8ab7be3b5f.jpg

Last edited:
well I searched up and down the internet and finally found a picture of what it is used for. I don't really get it, why 2 tubes.

5493114997_ec253bbcd9.jpg

maybe the lower tube for lights or you can slide over left and still have the support from both brackets?

Well I actually found the original accesories pamphlet from the tripod and it has the "outrigger" arm in it. So I thought
I would post the picture showing the arm and post the description. I was unable to find this info. anywhere on the
internet so maybe it will help someone else.

5500858720_7b92b697bc.jpg

OUTRIGGER ARM A-130
The outrigger is a new, more flexible form of side arm. The double support
makes it sturdier and more positions of mounting are possible. All clamps are
lined with a bushing to assure free movement and positive locking. Coil
springs prevent loss of handwheels.

Length of twin arms C to C...6"
Length of arm tube....28"
Length of verticle tube....32"
Weight....4 1/4 Lbs.

OK just a couple more because I thought it was cool. As you crank the post up, the whole outrigger rises with it. One picture is all the way down the other is half way up.

5500951394_58e77f287a.jpg

5500949330_ccfb179cc6.jpg

Very cool info! Had one of these heads for an 8x10 view camera, sold it after I traded in the camera. Very solid and well made.

I am shopping for this accessory, the Majestic Sidearm (Double tubes). I have used Majestic tripods for nearly forty years and have one of the sidearms already, but I need a second one! Anyone have one available for sale? You may contact me directly at [email protected]. Thanks, Tim Wright

Most reactions

Back