MAJOR BREAK THROUGH!

more photos and i asked but didnt really comprehend why does my photos get darker when i transfer them to my computer?

You probably need to turn down the brightness on your camera's LCD screen. The manual should tell you how to do that. They usually are set with the brightness turned all the way up by default.

It's most likely due to the fact that your monitor isn't calibrated and the screen on your camera may also be making it look brighter than it actually is. To find out how the exposure is check your histogram. Here is a link that explains what it is and how to read it. It also seems like you need to up your ISO because your shots seem to have a lot of motion blur from to slow of a shutter speed. If you have a tripod then you can keep the ISO low and just mount the camera on there. GL
TJ

wow i had it on a tripod

more photos and i asked but didnt really comprehend why does my photos get darker when i transfer them to my computer?

You probably need to turn down the brightness on your camera's LCD screen. The manual should tell you how to do that. They usually are set with the brightness turned all the way up by default.

ok thanx

Well... Your next major break-through should come with editing :)

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program Its a freebie that allot of people use so you can find tutorials on... I highly recommend it. I did a quick edit of your first photo...

Here is your original
DSC_0218.jpg

Here is the edit
edit-2.jpg

Now, my edit was done quickly, so with more time, it would be better, but I wanted to illustrate to you how important editing is. Lastly, there are a ton of us out here using GIMP, so learning it is simple. Obviously, there is no substitute for getting it right with the camera, but editing will allow you to touch up the photo. It will take your photography to the next level...

P is not for "Personal." It's for "Program." Your manual can be a huge help in learning your camera, if you haven't already read it (or even if you have, it never hurts to go through again).

It's most likely due to the fact that your monitor isn't calibrated and the screen on your camera may also be making it look brighter than it actually is. To find out how the exposure is check your histogram. Here is a link that explains what it is and how to read it. It also seems like you need to up your ISO because your shots seem to have a lot of motion blur from to slow of a shutter speed. If you have a tripod then you can keep the ISO low and just mount the camera on there. GL
TJ

wow i had it on a tripod

The second set you posted was on a tripod? wow you need to get a new one because it either sucks or you need to read your manual find out how to put your camera on self timer set it to 2 seconds and then you won't get any shake. Unless of course your Christmas tree just starts swaying like crazy.
TJ

TJ

wow i had it on a tripod

The second set you posted was on a tripod? wow you need to get a new one because it either sucks or you need to read your manual find out how to put your camera on self timer set it to 2 seconds and then you won't get any shake. Unless of course your Christmas tree just starts swaying like crazy.
TJ

ha well my camera doesn't sit center on the tripod and there was a plastic thing missing at the bottom

Most reactions

Back