Major League Baseball

Claff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.claffie.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone get hassled at a MLB game trying to bring in a semi-serious camera to shoot just for ha-has from the stands?

I'm thinking about going to a Nationals game later this week and saw this note on the team's site:

Guests are permitted to bring cameras and video equipment into RFK Stadium, provided they are intended for personal use only. Cameras with a lens longer than 6 inches may not be brought inside the stadium, except by credentialed media.

My 70-300mm lens probably will exceed the 6" rule but I wonder if security will bother with such a thing. Anyone tried it and got away with it? I won't be in a position to say bring the lens back to the car and go back to the stadium as I'm taking the Metro into town. Should I chance it or wimp out and bring home a bunch of pictures of ants?

Yeah I heard the MLB is a really uptight about things like that... I wouldn't be surprised if they'd give you a hassle.

If you WERE going to try it... I think I'd put the lens in a backpack with some other items (not a camera bag) and walk in with the camera in your hand and a smaller lens on it. If they ask about the camera you can show them that the smaller lens meets the 6" rule and then hope they don't search the bag too thoroughly (surprisingly, I've gotten into games with only a peek inside).

If you get past that point... I'd just try to take as many pics as possible before getting kicked out. :lol: Not that I condone this type of thing but it should make for a good follow up post.

Meh, I got in fine at the Skydome (err....Rogers Centre), though I don't have a 6"+ lens..they just saw the bag nad waved me in. So I guess take it in as small a bad as you can.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back