Major League Baseball

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've posted the original of this photo a long time ago, but now I've finally decided to edit it. I posted this on the graphics forum first to help my post-processing.

I came up with this, I hope you like it. Comments and criticism is appreciated! :hail:

Angels_Baseball5-5.jpg

Yes, nice. I thought about cropping it but for some reason I never came around to it.

Although I think you cropped the bottom slightly too tight for my taste.

Thanks for taking the time to edit my pic nossie!

I do like the idea behind this foto. I think it's good thinking, a nice theme. You could use your original crop for advertising, a space to drop in some text and/or logo. My crop was to give the ball more impact, to make it more dominant and not let it get lost in the surroundings.

Another question... what's the story about the edge on the horizon, did you nuke a cityscape? You might want to try to soften and blend the lines a bit more.

Another question... what's the story about the edge on the horizon, did you nuke a cityscape? You might want to try to soften and blend the lines a bit more.

Haha yeah that's because the original photo's sky was severely over-exposed, so I tried putting some blue back into it. Your right I need to try to fix it.

Okay nossie -- took your advice. I updated a new version of my photo in my first post that softened up the edges.

Looks good cropped tight.. very nice photo.. unfortunatly its the Angels stadium!

Go Seattle Mariners!!

i like the orig w/o crop...if only it were a smiggen to the right (lined up with the angles logo in the backgroud)

Okay nossie -- took your advice. I updated a new version of my photo in my first post that softened up the edges.

Hi RK.
I'm still not overly impressed with the edgeing on the horizon. What approach are you taking? I'm guessing that you're just deleteing away as best you can on that layer?
You should add a mask layer to the original layer and then paint black or white on to that as needed thus working in a non distructive manner because you are painting on the mask and not the layer.
This will allow you to fine tune that edge to perfection.

On my update I just blurred the horizon line some, I know I'm not very good at it lol.

My approach to this might be to put the baseball on one layer over another layer with the sky.
Add the layer mask to the baseball layer and as outlined about paint black on to the mask. If you make a mistake you can paint white back on to it. Also the edge between black and white can be feathered to get a nice transparent seem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back