Making a light booth

Blake-R

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering if you could give me some advice. I am in the process of making a light booth at work to take photos of products etc and i already have the structure built and ready to go but i need to know what would be best for covering it.
IMG_0080.jpg

I would most likely attach the fabric with velcro so that i can remove it with ease if i need to. Also would i be better shooting on a black background?.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Blake

Have you checked www.diyphotography.net? They have all sorts of lighting projects there. You may be able to browse through their site and do some searches there that will give you some ideas of ways to do this.

I'm not sure how this booth is supposed to work but if it is like a giant table top box you need more room on the left to be able to set up a light.

I am also wondering about the width of it. I know you have a fabric background in place right now but if you decide to use paper seamless for a smooth background, the rolls are 107" wide and you would need to be able to unroll them in between the walls of the booth.

Have you checked www.diyphotography.net? They have all sorts of lighting projects there. You may be able to browse through their site and do some searches there that will give you some ideas of ways to do this.

Hi CxThree

Thanks for your response, i will try this site out for sure :D:thumbup:.

I'm not sure how this booth is supposed to work but if it is like a giant table top box you need more room on the left to be able to set up a light.

I am also wondering about the width of it. I know you have a fabric background in place right now but if you decide to use paper seamless for a smooth background, the rolls are 107" wide and you would need to be able to unroll them in between the walls of the booth.

Hi c.cloudwalker

The setup is 10ft by 10ft so using rolls should not be a problem. The fabric on the back wall will change, i just put it there for now. The main reason we have built this is basically because of the constant light change going on upstairs, so it's difficult when choosing settings and getting a consistency in your shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back