Making a photo book

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Polgara, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Polgara

Polgara TPF Noob!

Jul 1, 2009
    Photos NOT OK to edit

I did a search of your forums, and the threads I found did not quite answer my question, so here goes. I am no professional at photography, however from my hiking excursions and travel, I've started to collect an abundance of photos over the years and have even won a contest with one of my photos.

I'm at the point where I'd like to make a photo book. I looked at the online programs like Shutterfly, however these sites are not appealing to me because although they list in their terms of service that you remain the owner of your photos, you also release the website of any royalties, liability, copyrights, etc. for using your photos for their own advantages. As I said, I'm no pro at photography, but I still want to remain as the single owner of all my photos.

My question is, is there software out there that you can install on your computer that will allow you to make a photo book similar to the ones on Shutterfly? I don't care if I have to send my book to be printed/ bound, I'll worry about that later. I was just wondering if there was a way to make my own book of my pictures from my PC without signing any kind of copyright away to a website.

If there is a thread you know of, please post it, as I said I didn't find what I was looking for when I did my forum search, but I'd be happy to read other threads on this.

Thank you
  2. ann

ann No longer a newbie, moving up!

May 14, 2007
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    these folks put together amazing books, you might get in touch and find out what you need to do moving forward
    Bind Only | Azura Books

they do the binding but they should be able to tell you what form they would need.
    it appears from the ones i have seen, you would print out the images and send them and they take care of the rest.