Making a port folie....hope thats right.

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wonderd something.
I wanna become a kind freelance photographer, and ill need a port folio, and a buisness card. Any advice anyone?

I wanna become a kind freelance photographer
In the business world you have to be ruthless to get anywhere. Kindness doesn't get you as far :twisted:

......sorry, couldn't resist that for some reason.

Freelance...........just start shooting special interests and submitting to magazines. After you get published a few times, use those in a portfolio. 11X14 on one side and the magazine page it was printed in on the other side. That's where most get started before they venture further into stock photography or assigment shooting. Find your niche and go with it.

Hmm...being mean isnt me, i have to be nice, tis just me....well i try to be nice anyways :roll:

So yeah, thats a good idea.
I was thinking of splitting it into sections as well.
E.g. flowers, nature, artistic etc...
Then i thought id start handing out buisness cards and get work experience with different people.

Is that the right way to go?

I can't think of the titles right now but there are some books on this subject. Try a search on Amazon

malachite said:
I wanna become a kind freelance photographer
Freelance...........just start shooting special interests and submitting to magazines.
This is probably answered somewhere else, but a quick search didn't yield anything. But, is there a standard way of submitting your photos to magazines? Or do you give 'em a cold-call and just send in your photos? How do you go about finding who to send your photos to?

Thanks. :)

Try getting your hands on a copy of[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1582971862/qid=1085606825/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/102-9054323-3010515?v=glance&s=books&n=507846]The Photographer's Market[/ame]

It's the recognized standard for selling photos, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back