Making Friends

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I find it very interesting that old men - especially working men like farmers and steelworkers and other such guys, are just enamoured with my daughter. Everywhere we go, these old guys kind of melt for her. She doesn't mind - she makes friends with them just as easily - is much more leery of women.

This guy was working the pig exhibit at the fair (live piglets with big ol Mama pig). He's giving her a little plastic pig to put in her pocket.

oct 13 015 making friends by civgirlca, on Flickr

She's as cute as a button!
She is right, I will always trust a construction worker over a suite any day!!! ;)

Good to see mate. In this day and age where men tend to be looked at with suspicion and distrust that's a lovely image.

I go fishing quite a bit and while it tends to be quite a clique community at times you'd be suprised at the gruff men who would normally be seen as stand off-ish go out of their way to help. I have taken my daughter on a trips since she was really young and there is a distinct sense that you are doing a good thing teaching them about it

I'm much more leery of woman too! :)

She is right, I will always trust a construction worker over a suite any day!!! ;)

Haha FITBMX, well, we are both engineers on the construction side (Dad in housing, me in industrial work) and her Grandpa is a pipe fitter. Dad is also a former farmboy. So she comes by it honestly.

Good to see mate. In this day and age where men tend to be looked at with suspicion and distrust that's a lovely image.

And that is so sad. It pains me that my Dad taking her to the park would be looked at oddly - her own Grandpa! But it happens. What a loss to our children that so many men feel like they have to be careful around little ones.

Haha FITBMX, well, we are both engineers on the construction side (Dad in housing, me in industrial work) and her Grandpa is a pipe fitter. Dad is also a former farmboy. So she comes by it honestly.

She's got construction work in her blood, that's good!!! :)
My Great Grandpa had a construction company he started sometime around 1905, they did dirt work, roads, dams, bridge dirt work, terrace, and large ponds.
When he died my grandpa took it over, and successfully ran the company for 40 years until he was kill in a machine accident. Then his nephew ran it for 15 years, and ran it into the ground, he could never bid a job right, he always went way to low!
So I have dirt in my blood, and I'm proud of it!!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back