making money from photo libraries

yew2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
is it true? can one make a living from photo libraries? any one do it? or does one have to have been submitting for years? i have been making images for years, never tryed to sell myself or my work. It has been all mainly neg stuff, fine art but i was wondering if it was worth trying to sell via libaries or just try start to do some new stuff. Any ideas?

I guess you can always submit your photos to a microstock site where they give 25 cent for everytime someone download it. I heard of people making a couple grand a month but they have like 1000 image on like 5 different microstock site. www.shutterstock.com is one of them.

I don't completely understand how these sites work, can anyone further explain?

Selling on microstock sites is fairly simple in practice but it is a challenge to make money from. That said, it IS possible. The images you try to sell with stock have to be very 'stock related' or they will sit unsold and you'll just be wasting your time.

How they work?
You upload images to stock sites that designers or people writing blog posts find usefull. The site reviews the image and then if someone licenses the image you get money in your account. If you get enough money you can get paid :)

Selling on microstock sites is fairly simple in practice but it is a challenge to make money from. That said, it IS possible. The images you try to sell with stock have to be very 'stock related' or they will sit unsold and you'll just be wasting your time.

How they work?
You upload images to stock sites that designers or people writing blog posts find usefull. The site reviews the image and then if someone licenses the image you get money in your account. If you get enough money you can get paid :)
Sincerely, and with your best interests at heart, why not just start a new thread? It would be more credible.

The thread you dug up is nearly 4 years old, making you seem more like a signature spammer than a contributing forum member.

The industry has changed considerably in that time frame.

Most reactions

Back