Making Product is the Easy Part!

Marek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It is not always the case, but in my opinion, mostly it is.
Meybe in my case, taking photos at high altitude or in -40C was not the easiest thing to do; all I was against, was myself, the elements and the mountain. www.frozenimage.net
It is, and it always will be, about making as much time and funds available for climbing; yes it costs a looot of money!
I tought, I would start calendar business and would get bundle of cash, fast, and off I go climbing more! Fool!http://www.frozenimage.net/calendar.html
Ha, Ha, Ha!!!
This day and age, age of internet, I quickly was able to find the designer and printer, I also knew which doors to knock on: Barnes and Noble, Borders, Costco, etc What I didn't have, was someone that would get me in. One, after one I've got shot! No, No, No!
Sometimes, buyers would ask me for samples, just so they could get feebies, or they would lie-sorry, we do not carry full size calendars.
That was last year.
Undetered, just like a climber should be. (I have summited some peaks on 4th attempt) This year, I came back with 2 calendars, and it is slowly happening!
Last year, I had NOBODY! This year I have a small distributor, bookstore chain, bunch of independent bookstores, some web based sales. In all more than 100 locations. Not perfect or out of woods yet, but slowly the doors are opening.
In retrospect, it is easier to climb the mountain!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back