Making the switch

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Speed54, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Speed54

Speed54 TPF Noob!

Hello,
    I work for a Production company out of Chicago and shoot a lot of Models. Currently we are using over 7 diff cams (film), but it seems the days of having to scan pix r over as we r upgrading to digital. Any suggestions, price is of no concern. Majority of my shoots are on set as well as location. I'm very familiar w/ how digital cams work, just not sure which would be the best for my application ? Any help is appreciated

2. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

What's the intended/required final product?

If you're just doing head shots for portfolios of something any 6 megapixel dslr oughta work. You didn't mention what platform you're trading in, but if you have a nice selection of lenses already that may color your options a bit.

If money were no object I'd be all over a Contax 645/Kodak DCS Pro Back combo. Best of both worlds- shoot digital & can still shoot film if you want/need to. 16 megapixels oughta work for just about anything you need to do.

Hey, that was absolutely no help at all, was it? :roll:

3. Speed54

Speed54 TPF Noob!

Yes we do mostly headshots. Currently we have a ton of lenses from canon and nikon. I personally like canon but all my co-workers prefer nikon so it's been kind of a on going battle over what camera to get. The Kodak is awsome but I'm just not sure we would even need to go to such a extend for the work we do, but then again hey I'm not paying for the cam :p

4. steve817

steve817 TPF Noob!

If price was no concern I would jump on a Canon EOS 1DS in a heart beat.

Steve

5. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Canon 10D!