Male VS Manual Week! Lots of Pics!!

SlySniper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
elvir.bravehost.com
Hello!

Before I get started, here is a quick overview.

Courier-Journal said:
THE RIVALRY AT A GLANCE

Male and Manual high schools first faced off on the football field in 1893, a year after Manual opened and just four years after Danville's Centre College introduced Kentucky to the version of rugby known as "college football." Admission was 10 cents.

Male won the first game 14-12 as Bobby Brennan tackled his brother, Tom, when he was nearing the goal line. Bobby recovered a fumble later in the game as Manual was threatening to score again.

Until 1903, the schools played more than one game per season, and the winner of two of three games was declared the winner of the series.

The two schools consolidated from 1915 to 1918 and were known as Louisville Boys High School before separating and reverting to their original names.

The big game was held on Thanksgiving Day until 1980.

The largest crowd was 24,000 in 1966 at Fairgrounds Stadium.

Male has won 76 games. Manual has won 39. There have been six ties.

FACTS ABOUT MALE AND MANUAL

Male High, founded in 1856, was the only public boys high school in Louisville when duPont Manual High, a technical training school, opened in 1892.

The schools had different outlooks on education. Manual opened after Male had long resisted providing its college-bound students with technical training.

Today the schools still offer somewhat different types of education. Male is a traditional school, while Manual is a magnet school with special programs in the performing and visual arts and in math and science.

Male was one of the city's first two public high schools, along with Louisville Female High School (later Girls High School). The school was simply called High School in the early days, thus the "H" still used as the logo.

Manual originally was known as duPont Manual Training High School, but a merger with Louisville Girls High School in 1950 brought the current name. The building was constructed for Manual Training High School as a gift from Alfred Victor du Pont.

Manual today is at Second and Lee streets, but its original building was on the southeast corner of Brook and Oak streets. Students who graduated before the 1950s when the school moved are known as "Brook and Oakers."

Male is in its fourth location. It started in 1856 at Eighth and Chestnut streets before moving to First and Chestnut. It was at Brook and Breckinridge streets from 1915 to 1991, when it moved to its current location at 4409 Preston Highway.

This will be 122nd game.
Taken from : http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051027/NEWS0102/510270432

Ok, starting on Monday the 24 of this week, there has been a separate theme for each day that each student at (Male) can dress up as. This all leads up to Friday of the game.

MONDAY- Mis-Match Day

This guy wins my award for being most mis-matched.
dsc003969wj.jpg

Best-friends mis-matching.
dsc004081nh.jpg

Mix-matching baby!
dsc004143fi.jpg

TUESDAY- Color Day (Freshmens = Pink / Sophmores = Green / Juniors = Blue / Senior = Orange)

Most pink freshman I saw.
dsc004679hr.jpg

Sucks to be a freshman guy!
dsc004399qk.jpg

Sophmores on the left, freshmen on the right.
dsc004351vd.jpg

Sophmore lunch.
dsc004314pr.jpg

Some pimpin' green shoes.
dsc004339yx.jpg

This one is blurry because we had just finished lunch and there were 100 people behind me trying to get to their classs' and I just couldn't get a good shot.
dsc004376xd.jpg

Junior hair upclose!
dsc004709he.jpg

A senior.
dsc004413ju.jpg

Some pimpin' orange shoes.
dsc004342ho.jpg

WENDSDAY- Forgot to bring my camera!:grumpy: But it was costume day, the BEST ONE!! I saw someone dressed up as a bus, a Pokemon card, lots of witches and other cool costumes!

THURSDAY- Ultimate Spirit Day (AKA- Wear as much Gold and Purple as you can)

These gals were dressed up from head to toe!
dsc004916fl.jpg

GO MALE!
dsc005094wz.jpg

Some pimpin' Gold & Purple shoes.
dsc005029no.jpg

Tomorrow is going to be "Rams Worst Nightmare", meaning, everyone is going to be wearing black.

So, I'll post those pictures tomorrow and some Male VS Manual game pictures too.

See ya until then!

THANKS FOR LOOKING!:hug::

haha. reminds me of my school during spirit week. We are juniors, and we go INSANE. Its always a war against the juniors (us) and the seniors (bastards!) We do the same thing though, with the spirit week, and the different colors. Our week ends with a HUGE pep rally (at the last one, we [juniors] tore down our sign, accidentaly broke the bleachers, and then the administrators told us that we could attend no more pep rallies, so the entire junior class sprinted through the halls screaming "bullsh*t". Then they told us that they were gonna let us go to pep rallies, but under extremely tight circumstances.) and then that night there is a HUGE football game.

Sorry, i just had to share my story, haha. But on those pictures, AWESOME. If it inspired me to write about my class, it must have been good! haha.

Rapala46 said:
haha. reminds me of my school during spirit week. We are juniors, and we go INSANE. Its always a war against the juniors (us) and the seniors (bastards!) We do the same thing though, with the spirit week, and the different colors. Our week ends with a HUGE pep rally (at the last one, we [juniors] tore down our sign, accidentaly broke the bleachers, and then the administrators told us that we could attend no more pep rallies, so the entire junior class sprinted through the halls screaming "bullsh*t". Then they told us that they were gonna let us go to pep rallies, but under extremely tight circumstances.) and then that night there is a HUGE football game.

Sorry, i just had to share my story, haha. But on those pictures, AWESOME. If it inspired me to write about my class, it must have been good! haha.

Ya, we had a pep rally today. Right after 6th period. We have a thing called the Stick, it basically represents school spirit. And the class who won it this were the Seniors. Our class(sophmores) got disqualified because we had too many people on the floor and some people were throwing stuff.

And later today, we have one of the oldest rivaleris in the US, the football game between Male(my school) vs duPont Manual.

Here are friday's pictures.

FRIDAY- Rams(Manual) Worst Nightmare

Showing school spirit.
dsc005195rp.jpg

At lunch.
dsc005253uf.jpg

The outcast.
dsc005310az.jpg

After classs', we had our pep rally. I toke some pictures but they all came out blury.

After school was the big game. I only took one picture, it came out blury, but, I still like it.

dsc005745mb.jpg

We WON 31-28. At the last 6 seconds, we scored a field goal. We won like this last year too.

This whole week has been really fun!

Thanks for looking!:thumbup: :hug::

Most reactions

Back