Malick

Bo_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone here a fan of Terrence Malick films? His films are pretty much a constant flow of amazingly awesome images with little bits of plot and characters sprinkled in.

Badlands (1973) - 7/10
Days of Heaven (1978) - 10/10
The Thin Red Line (1998) - 10/10
The New World (2003) - haven't seen it

Seriously, anyone who likes photography should give these a try. ^^^

I've seen his two most recent films. The Thin Red Line is pretty damn good, The New World is a clunker, although both are beautifully photographed, cathartic pictures.

Heya Bo, welcome to ThePhotoForum!

Can you explain to us where the photos you posted in your post above come from? As you are saying in your Introduction, you are not really interested in taking photos yourself, nor feeling motivated enough to learn how to take photos, yet you like to "ogle" at other people's photography. May I therefore assume you have not taken the above photos yourself? If that is the case, please edit the photos into links only. As not to bring about any kind of confusion it is best only to post one's own work in the threads.

(An exception may be birthday threads in the Off Topics where an image is meant to make them more colourful, partylike, funny).

They came from a film, I didn't take them...they're freaking links now...

Thanks a lot, Bo.
Much appreciated.

I've seen all the films in theatres when they were originally released and I own them all now on DVD.

I still think the first two are his best, but all of them are excellent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back