Mall of Emirates

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by BrandonS, May 12, 2008.

1. BrandonS

BrandonS TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Taken at the Mall of Emirates in Dubai, UAE. I like the colors and shadows cast in this one. Any C&C welcome.

[​IMG]

17mm @ f/5.0 1/100
    ISO 100

2. tb2

tb2 TPF Noob!

There are some interesting parts to this shot (particularly the roof), but I'm not sure the whole image delivers. The composition is spoiled, I think, by the big beam across the centre of the photograph, and from having no obvious centre of visual focus.

Regards, Tony

3. BrandonS

BrandonS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks. I'm just getting my feet wet with all this. In a shot like this what would you normally use as a subject?

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    With architecture like this I think I'd try to get the photo as symmetrical as can possibly be, and I'd probably concentrate on the roof construction (alone) or the interior design (different exposure).
    And yes, I sooo feel the desire to move to the right, and more to the right and some more, until "I am" in the very centre of the building... ;)

5. tb2

tb2 TPF Noob!

I shoot a range of shots in a location like this Brandon. I'd have a wide angle shot showing ground to roof, fairly symmetrical (or very asymmetrical), and I'd corect the verticals in PP unless I'd really leaned back to shoot upwards, then I'd leave them alone. The roof, to someone with my interests, would provide some great semi-abstracts of curves and sky. An image of the roof, with the beam and the nice railings at the bottom, with a figure walking across (for scale and as a focal point) would look good I think.

Regards, Tony

6. BrandonS

BrandonS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I had a few that were centered and straight, but I always read about making things "dynamic" so I thought this one was better.

7. AndrewG

AndrewG TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    With a scene where there are a lot of conflicting points of interest it's sometimes better to concentrate on details which are representative of the whole; for instance, the mosaic where the bridge meets the wall-or perhaps a detail of the wrought-ironwork on the bridge itself.
    As it is the composition is a little busy and lacks a focal point-also, remember the rule of thirds when composing; it really makes a difference.
    I'd love to visit Dubai-they've spent some serious money on some stunning architecture.