Mall of Emirates

BrandonS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.topspeedphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken at the Mall of Emirates in Dubai, UAE. I like the colors and shadows cast in this one. Any C&C welcome.

MallofEmirates.jpg

17mm @ f/5.0 1/100
ISO 100

There are some interesting parts to this shot (particularly the roof), but I'm not sure the whole image delivers. The composition is spoiled, I think, by the big beam across the centre of the photograph, and from having no obvious centre of visual focus.

Regards, Tony

With architecture like this I think I'd try to get the photo as symmetrical as can possibly be, and I'd probably concentrate on the roof construction (alone) or the interior design (different exposure).
And yes, I sooo feel the desire to move to the right, and more to the right and some more, until "I am" in the very centre of the building... ;)

I shoot a range of shots in a location like this Brandon. I'd have a wide angle shot showing ground to roof, fairly symmetrical (or very asymmetrical), and I'd corect the verticals in PP unless I'd really leaned back to shoot upwards, then I'd leave them alone. The roof, to someone with my interests, would provide some great semi-abstracts of curves and sky. An image of the roof, with the beam and the nice railings at the bottom, with a figure walking across (for scale and as a focal point) would look good I think.

Regards, Tony

With a scene where there are a lot of conflicting points of interest it's sometimes better to concentrate on details which are representative of the whole; for instance, the mosaic where the bridge meets the wall-or perhaps a detail of the wrought-ironwork on the bridge itself.
As it is the composition is a little busy and lacks a focal point-also, remember the rule of thirds when composing; it really makes a difference.
I'd love to visit Dubai-they've spent some serious money on some stunning architecture.

Most reactions

Back