mama and bambi paying their respects...

poof

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
gravedeerscaled.jpg

Feel free to c &c.

"Son, the man in there is the one who was driving the pickup truck that hit your dad"

Sorry poof, couldn't resist....

Nice photo, like the b/w and tthe way the available light looks.

Last edited:
I like this, I would consider cropping the bottom grave marker though. At least on this laptop monitor it looks blown and draws my eye away from the subject. Maybe straighten it a little as well. Thanks for posting.

Great capture. i agree about the cropping of the first marker. it looks like it made of metal not stone like the others. besides the glare look its giving i think it just stands out. besides that its awsome.

just shows you never know what your gonna see and to always have that trusty camera with you.

"Son, the man in there is the one who was driving the pickup truck that hit your dad"

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

... and I love the image too. B/W fits it perfectly. A agree with the idea of a bit of foreground crop.

Darn, that was totally unexpected. Cool!:lol:

J.:mrgreen:

I'm guessing this was taken before Bambi and his mother found the patch of new grass in the meadow, signaling the season of spring. That's when his mother was shot DEAD.

Nice shot, but because you were shooting into the sun, there is some detail missing. Get rid of the first tombstone and use the lamp post in the distance to set your vertical.

Nice shot all the same.

I agree with cropping the bottom, but I'd actually get a bit more aggressive with it and crop it to a horizontal orientation and place the deer in the bottom right corner. As was also mentioned, it does seem rotated a wee-bit clockwise and that could be corrected, too.

Your profile says that it's okay to edit your pics, so here's a quick crop to show what I mean.

gravedeerscaled.jpg

EDIT To Add: It doesn't look like I rotated the crop counter-clockwise enough.

Thanks guys.

I agree with the headstone at the bottom looking off. I tried to process it to make it more like the others, but couldn't come up with anything that looked good. I angled the photo that way focusing on the gravestones instead of the lamp post. You think if I removed the lamp post the angle would be ok?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back