1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Mamiya 645 TL auto exposure setting please help!!!

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by chantalegoble, May 1, 2012.

1. chantalegoble

chantalegoble TPF Noob!

Hey guys,

I've recently purchased a mamiya 645 pro TL, with standard 80mm lens, 120 back, power winder and non metered prism. My question is can I use the automatic exposure setting with my non metered prism? Or will I have to buy a metered one? Also if it is not possible for me to auto exposé my images.. Could you tell me a rough guide for shooting outside on a sunny day exposure wise?

Thanks thanks thanks! :)

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

You will need to buy the metered prism. Your best bet will be to hit eBay or Craig's List for a niced used light meter, but failing that, the Sunny 16 rule works reasonably well.

3. compur

compur No longer a newbie, moving up!