Mamiyaflex C2

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just scored a nice TLR, a clean and working Mamiyaflex C2 with the Sekor 80mm/f2.8 lens on it. Everything seems to be working great, the speeds are perfect, bellows are in great shape, glass is clean. What amazes me is its ability to focus very closely, like around 12 inches or so. It'll be great for close up MF work. Anyone shot with this baby here? :)

Have had a C330 Pro S for years - the C2 was an earlier version. Lovely cameras but the lenses are a little soft when pushed. Great studio portrait cameras but the lens softness lets it down a little for landscape use. I have a 65mm and a 105mm which is a honey - it's all I used for portraits.

Yes they're a great camera, I restored one I found at an estate sale, well actually just the leather replaced. I have one problem, I can't get a flash to work. All my settings are correct and the flash even goes off when I try to attach it to the shoe but as far as it going off when I click the shutter, forget it. The only thing I can see is that there is a screw missing of the 3 screws that hold the shoe on...I didn't think that should keep it from working, and I actually put a screw (not a perfect size but close enough to make a connection if needed) in but no luck...anybody have any ideas on what my problem might be?

Nice. The C2 goes back a couple years. Late 50's, early 60's I believe. I had the 330 and 220. Both very nice cameras

Yes they're a great camera, I restored one I found at an estate sale, well actually just the leather replaced. I have one problem, I can't get a flash to work. All my settings are correct and the flash even goes off when I try to attach it to the shoe but as far as it going off when I click the shutter, forget it. The only thing I can see is that there is a screw missing of the 3 screws that hold the shoe on...I didn't think that should keep it from working, and I actually put a screw (not a perfect size but close enough to make a connection if needed) in but no luck...anybody have any ideas on what my problem might be?

If you're describing the accessory shoe on the side of the C2 body, it's just a cold shoe--no electrical connections. You need to connect your flash via a PC cord to the PC connector on the lens board or lens on later models.

Check the manual?

http://www.cameramanuals.org/mamiya_pdf/mamiyaflex_c2_prof.pdf

Huh...So it is. That C2 was almost new when this thread was started. :biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back