Mammoth Trip

hey photogoddess! love the bw car as well as landscape :)
nice shots.. love to see more :D

Thor the Mighty said:
thats pretty much the story of the whole town! one day everyone just left because the mine wasnt producing enough income to keep the town in work.

Pretty much how it happened. A lot of the town burned down as well. One thing they do now that I'd LOVE to do is take the "after hours" tour. This place just begs to be shot at night. AND I'm gonna make it up to the grave yard as well. :mrgreen:

Big Mike said:
That 2nd one kind of reminds me of the August photo in the TPF 2005 calender. ;)
That was what I thought too! :)

Hi

Here is another one from Bodie Ghost Town near Mammoth

Bodie-BW.jpg

Hi Photogodess

The Mono Lake pic with pink sky is awesome. Is that the natural sky or did u do some post shoot adjustments.

I shot some pics in the afternoon, didn't come out good. I think Mono Lake looks better in soft light.

sameerjatana said:
Hi Photogodess

The Mono Lake pic with pink sky is awesome. Is that the natural sky or did u do some post shoot adjustments.

I shot some pics in the afternoon, didn't come out good. I think Mono Lake looks better in soft light.

The sky really was that color. The sun sets to the side and falls behind some mountains. The pink sky started up about 10 minutes after sunset. I know there's a name for that phenomenon but I can't remember it for the life of me. Next time you're looking at the sun setting, turn around and see how the sky changes color in the other direction.

Soft light is definitely the key. From talking to many of the photographers out there (and there were tons of them at sunset), Mono Lake is at it's finest during sunrise. Not being a morning person, I missed going out there to check it out personally. Take a look at Lepp's Mono Lake photos. They are really stunning. http://www.leppphoto.com/

i love the second pic, i would probably buy that if it was in a store

nvr2low said:
i love the second pic, i would probably buy that if it was in a store

Awwww thanks! :biggrin:

Just FYI (not a shameless plug :lol: ) - members here are well known for selling prints to each other. If you see something in a post that you like, pm the member and inquire about purchasing prints from them. We're flattered when it happens.... really. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back